I have set a goal for myself for the next week. Every night of the week, *other than Tuesday because i have a 4 hour class* I am going to create and prepare a new recipe that I have never made before.
I am going to create these recipes myself, and i expect there to be nights where we decide that i should add something to them, take something out etc. I try to come up with quick, easy recipes with normal items most people have at home. I also try to make everything that a toddler would eat too that way i dont have to cook twice for us, and bryleigh. I am going to type these recipes in here, and for those of you that follow this, if you decide to try it, let me know what you think...
I started this new goal this afternoon while the babies were sleeping. This is a one skillet meal called...............
Cheesy Chicken and Potato goodness
Two golden potatos, scalloped. (sliced VERY thin)
2 chicken breasts, sliced into approx 8 pieces per chicken or so
a cup of green beans- I like the french style canned green beans, but im sure any would do.
2 slices of bacon cooked and cut up into very small pieces
3 tablespoons or so of oil
salt and pepper
2 1/2 cups of water
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup of cheese of your choice. I used cheddar and jack.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
sprinkle sage, salt and pepper onto chicken
1) heat oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken until its done.
2) Add milk, water, and sliced potatoes to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 7 minutes.
3) Add cheese and garlic powder, stir very well.
4) let cook on low until cheese is nice and melted in the mixture, and potatoes are tender.
5) Add cooked bacon, green beans or corn or vegetable of your choice and mix well. Let cook another 3 minutes.
It might sound kind of odd to some, but it was actually delicious. Wes loved it, Bryleigh loved it, and I loved it. What i would do differently is add corn and green beans, and some onions.. probably green onions. I would definitely cook this again. From start to finish it was about 30 minutes.