I make babies, whats your superpower?

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sweet Escape

I am starting to play on a softball team next weekend. Those who know me know that this will definitely help me enjoy my time here more. Softball was my first love. Growing up it used to be my escape from life. Life wasnt always easy for my brother and I growing up, so I am so thankful that my mom was able to put us in sports during that time. I dont think at the time she realized what a great thing she was doing for us. During that time it helped us get away from everything, it helped us build lasting relationships with others, and it provided us with some of the best memories i think both of us have. It's a great feeling knowing that you are actually good at something. It helped me, who was an extremely insecure kid gain security and confidence in myself. I really hope that my children have an interest in sports like we did. They dont have to be the best, although in my eyes im sure they will be, but i hope they at least want to play. I hope they can get as much out of it as my brother and I did. But if they wanna play the trombone in the marching band and never want to touch a ball, i will still be a proud mother.
Anyways, I hope i do alright on this team. Softball is probably the only thing in the world that i have a whole lot of confidence in. BUT i have had two children in the last 15 months so i am a tad out of shape.....just a tad. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment